Chiesa di Sant’Alvise

Construction was begun in 1388 through donations from Antonia Venier and the church was consecrated to S. Luigi bishop of Tolosa, who appeared to the young devout Venetian patrician in a dream. The facade, dating from the late 1300s, retains its Gothic style. On the portal there is a statue of St. Alvise. Inside is preserved “The Flagellation of Christ”, a controversial work by GB Tiepolo.

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place