Palazzo Manfrin

Once Priuli, then Venier and rebuilt to a design by Andrea Tirali in 1734 – 5. In 1787 it was bought by Gerolamo Manfrin, an extremely rich tobacco manufacturer from Friuli. The palazzo is one of the first exzmples of 17th – century architecture in Venice to adopt the neo-classical style. until 1856 it contained Manfrin’s very important art collection, which has since been dispersed, which included works by Raphael, Bellini, Dürer, Giorgione, Savoldo, Moretto and others. It is now the property of the Venice City Council and in some rooms closed to the public are 17th – century frescoes by Mengardi and Zais.

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place