Chiesa di San Francesco della Vigna

This church takes its rather peculiar name from the prosperous vineyards which were cultivated on this spot by Marco Ziani, the son of the doge Pietro. In 1253 the land was left to the Minorite Friars, who built the first church with its cenobium annex. The present church was built in 1534 and was designed by Jacopo Sansovino, who also directed the work.

Some available hotels near this place