Chiesa di Sant’Elena

The church was built in the 13th century on the occasion of the arrival in Venice from the Orient of the body of the Saint. It was rebuilt by the Olivetan monks who lived in the nearby convent. The church was consecrated in 1515 and was an important religious centre, rich in art treasures. In 1807 it was deconsecrated and stripped of all its sacred furnishings, being reopened for worship only in 1928.

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place