Peggy Guggenheim Collection

In 1949 Ca’ Venier (“Dei Leoni”), a 17th – century building by Lorenzo Boschetti, was bought by Peggy Guggenheim. The building was begun for the Venier family, but was never finished. The American collector restored it and its salons hold one of the world’s most important collections of modern art. Since 1976 these works form part of the Solomon Guggenheim Foundation of New York, which administrates the museums. All the avant-garde movement of the beginning of this century is present in Venice. There is an entrance fee which also covers temporary exhibitions.

Some available hotels near this place