Palazzo Fortuny

An ancient property of the Pesaros, the characteristic Venetian – Gothic palazzo became the property of the Fortunys after Mariano Fortuny acquired it at the beginning of the century. He was an eclectic person; photographer, painter, collector and creator of textiles, and he lived there until his death in 1949. His widow sold the building to the Venice City Council in 1956, and they made it into a venue for numerous exhibitions of art and photography. It also houses the Fortuny Museum, which can be visited on payment of an entrance fee.

Some available hotels near this place